Thursday, 4 August 2011

Florida - It was a slow start!

I'm still in Florida and it's day 5. I was full of the big 'I'll take my laptop and blog everyday' but I maybe underestimated how the heat and jetlag would effect me. It's taken me a while to get sorted but as I am apartment bound today while JC takes an airconditioned nap and hubby goes off to play golf, I thought I would pop by and let you all know how it's going.

It was an extremely slow start. When we arrived at Glasgow airport at 9am Saturday to be told that the flight was delayed until 9.20pm. I had taken almost half a bottle of rescue remedy so I think I handled the news quite well. It was shock followed by anger followed by acceptance and with a call to the taxi driver who dropped us off, we were on our way back home for the day. My in laws stayed at the airport to keep us updated and we came back later on after tea. We did meet an 'infamous' pop duo at the airport! JC wasn't impressed! 

I had been worried about the flight but it went smoothly with JC sleeping the first 5 hours and playing the last 3. We arrived in Flordia on Sunday morning about 1am. It was 4.30am before we got to the villa we are staying in. JC had napped in his buggy and in the car so woke refreshed at 4.30am ready to go. Caitlin (Hubby's cousin) and I walked barefoot around the complex until 8 am and we were eaten by mossies and shattered by the time we eventually came back to the villa for breakfast. At least it gave everyone else a chance to sleep. The first day was spent just round the pool and the resort. 

The second day we went and did a bit a shopping. I got these really cool sandals called 'Switch Flops'. They are flip flops/sandals that have a velcro decorative top that you can change so that your shoes can always match your outfit. I was sold! They are by Lindsay Philips but I have never seen them before.

On the Tuesday we headed to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon which was a brilliant day. Lots of fun slides and fountains. JC's favourite was the Lazy River and of course any random steps in the park that he could go up and down. 

Yesterday Steven and I took JC to Seaworld. The in-laws have been before and weren't fussy to go back so we went ourselves. It was a great day but the heat got to us a bit. It was just too hot. My highlight of the day was feeding the dolphins. Check me out .  .  .

So I will hopefully get a chance to pop by again and update what we have been up to. I had planned on video blogging everyday but to be honest, I just can't be bothered! I have videoed a lot and taken plenty pics but I don't have the time or energy to sit around editing. 

Anyway, I'm off to have a Mountain Dew and and glazed doughnut! When in Rome . . . 

ShowOff Showcase


  1. Great to hear from you - will have a read now.
    Hey, link up to this:
    But you have to do so before Late on Sunday so do in the next few hours if you are online.
    Liska  xxx
    Gonna read the post now xx

  2. Love this post. As annoying as it was that your flight was delayed, it was that that made it coincide with sleep time for JC so he slept for the 5 hours - you do not know what would have happened otherwise. You might find out on the way home :-0
    Anyway I love the pics and it is great to hear from you given that I have missed you.
    Glad you are having a great time.
    Love the pic of JC in his cossie.
    Lots of love and hugs
    Liska xxx

  3. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.  Looks like you are all having fun xx

  4. Sounds like a great time, not sure about the J'Edward bit though!

    Thanks for linking up to ShowOff ShowCase.


I love to read your comments . . .