Friday 29 July 2011

Ella's Kitchen Single Fruit Purées

We were lucky enough to be asked by Ella's Kitchen to sample and review their new single fruit purées. We were given 2 free samples, pear flavour and mango flavour. They are smaller packs of 70g for tiny tummies and being a single fruit makes them perfect for first tastes.

JC follows a baby led weaning approach and didn't eat many purées when he first started weaning but we have always used fruit packs as a top up for him to accompany his breakfast cereal or as a dessert after dinner. I really like the Ella's Kitchen packs compared to jars as they are much more convenient, you don't even need a bowl, just pop it straight onto a spoon or older children can enjoy it straight from the pack. I recently took fruit puree packs abroad with me to get me through the first few days and the Ella's Kitchen packaging was perfect as it was so light, I didn't have to worry about my luggage allowance!

Here is a video of JC trying out the fruit packs. You can tell by his face that he approves!


The Lowdown

Ella's Kitchen First Taste fruit pouches are 100% organic and contain just 1 single fruit, nothing else. They come in 4 flavours (pear, banana, mango and apple). The 70g packs are available from Sainsbury's, Boots, Ocado and Tesco stores and they cost 69p per pouch.

Advantages 

  • Convenient packaging
  • Single fruit ideal for first tastes, allergies or fussy fruit eaters
  •  100% organic puts your mind at ease that the best available ingredients have been used
  • The price is reasonable, not cheaper that puréeing the fruit yourself but much less effort and time
Disadvantages 
  • I don't really see any disadvantages but I think that the 70g packs are more suitable for younger children. JC would need 2 of them really or a bigger pouch. However, I do like this size for his breakfast cereal. 
Disclaimer - I was not paid to write this review and although I received 2 pouches to sample, this did not taint my opinion of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . . .