Thursday 26 May 2011

I have a Cybermummy Sponsor!!! (and a brass neck!)

I hope my bum will look this good after 2 weeks!
Image courtesy of Zaggora.com 
I did think I had a bit of a brass neck when I sent off an email to the sports brand Zaggora, makers of the fabulous HotPants, to ask them to sponsor my accommodation for Cybermummy. My Gran always told me 'if you don't ask, you won't get' and my Mum always told me to 'ask nicely and be polite'. So taking onboard the advice of the two most important advice givers in my life, I composed a begging letter proposal and hit the send button.

The reason I choose to ask Zaggora was because, as I'm sure my regular readers will know, I am not the slimmest mummy in the village but I am trying very hard, with the help of Liska's MoMenTum group, to lose weight and tone up. Fellow MoMenTum member, Karen (I would like to be a yummy mummy), put me in touch with this company who are launching these revolutionary exercise shorts, HotPants, which can help you to drop 2 dress sizes in 2 weeks. You wear them when you exercise and they literally sweat the fat out of you. You can wear them as shorts or under your clothes or even to bed. I wrote about my love for them the other day as part of my MoMenTum post. When I was emailing the company about reviewing the HotPants I found that they were very friendly and approachable. So I thought, why the hell not drop them an email and offer them some good blog publicity.

I truly believe that blog advertising works because I often buy products after reading a blog review or reading about a product that is working for someone else. I believed that I could offer Zaggora's HotPants some well deserved publicity for what I hope will be the remedy for my thunderous thighs.

"Why do you need sponsorship and what took you so long to ask for it?" I hear you ask.

Well, my plan was to take the night bus from Glasgow to London, stay the day in London and get the night bus back. However, I really didn't feel like it was a good idea to be alone, in London, in a bus station at midnight. The train would be a better option or staying over on the Saturday night but I couldn't afford it. I'm still not back at work and I'm counting pennies so that the pounds don't bankrupt me. In the end I worked out the best option was the bus after all but I would need to stay in a hotel on the Saturday. I didn't originally ask for sponsorship as my blog was only in it's infancy when I heard about Cybermummy but it's still going strong and gaining in followers every month so I feel I can reach a wider audience now.

Like a knight in shining armour, 5 minutes after sending off the desperate email for help, my prayers were answered. I will be going to the ball but I won't be wearing a ball gown. I will be wearing HotPants!

and I am staying here, courtesy of Zaggora, thanks guys!

HotPants are a new product launching in June and Zaggora are looking for 50 Mummy bloggers to be Ambassadors for their HotPants which means you get a FREE pair to review. You also get a unique discount code to place on your blog which means you will get PAID £4.40 for every pair order with your code at the checkout. If you fancy being involved then please comment below I will I put you in touch.

Can't wait until June 25th now! I don't even have to think about what to wear because I will be wearing a lovely HotPants t-shirt!

19 comments:

  1. Yay well done you, that's brilliant. I'd be well up for reviewing a pair too over on my blog... But do I have to have a pic of my ass in them:-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you managed to get sponsorship hun- I am thrilled for you! I would be happy to review a pair too, but I am seconding what Alyson said lol! Nothing like a way to get people to unfollow you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted for you sweet cheeks.
    Your other cheeks might be sweet after wearing these ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouldliketobeayummymummy26 May 2011 at 20:45

    This is fantastic news sweetie, so pleased for you!!! I cant wait to be wearing mine, hope they arrive soon. Oh and giggling to as Liskas comments hee hee hee hee :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only if you want to take a picture of it and you might want to once you've
    been wearing them for a few weeks! I will forward your email to them if you
    like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said, if they do what it says on the tin then you will be dying to show off the gluteus maximus! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might need two pairs as I am planning to live in them once they arrive! You won't recognise me at CyberMummy! lol Love the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you and none of it would be possible without you introducing them to me so you can think of it as Karma banked! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zaggora ~ Hotpants26 May 2011 at 22:19

    Hey Bloggers, Hotpants here - we love Claire and her posts, that's why we thought we help her out with the sponsorhip! We would love for more of you to also review Hotpants (and no, you don't need to do ghastly photos of yourself) - you can see some of our featured ambassadors at http://www.zaggora.com and we would love to have you all as featured Ambassadors too - can't wait to read more posts and comments,

    Hotpants :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoop whoop! That's ace news Claire - well deserved. I must admit when we were tweeting each other the other month and you said you were getting the bus late etc. I did worry even though you said your band days (how cool are you!) had hardened you to it. Really chuffed for you.
    I'm happy to trial a pair of hot pants...I'm off on holiday soon, if only I'd heard about them sooner *sob* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats brilliant news!!! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and yes, I'm a firm believer in if you don't ask you don't get....hence the Peppa Pig World tickets and a forthcoming something on my blog. Hurrah for being up front and going after what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working London mummy26 May 2011 at 22:28

    Such good news. Am really looking forward to meeting you at Cybermummy x Nazima (working London mummy)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zaggora ~ Hotpants26 May 2011 at 23:37

    No need for pictures! - More interested in your experience in them on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/myhotpants :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zaggora ~ Hotpants27 May 2011 at 14:32

    Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd like to be an ambassador too, already have a Momentum pair on the way hopefully xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will pass your email address on Heather. I am sure you will look fab on holiday, have a great time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lauri with MomToBeDepot.com is all over it - send them over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hiya - I'd be interested in finding out more - Helen @ Regards rainbow (helen@aspengirl.co. uk)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .