Thursday 28 April 2011

Swimming - Not Enough Arms! (Kindness)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Aesop


It's the 3rd post of my Random Acts of Kindness and I would like to tell you about something that happened to me yesterday. 


I love to take JC swimming as he has adored the pool since he was 12 weeks old. It can be quite difficult to be organised enough to sort myself while holding him, the bag, the car seat and the locker money! I went to a different pool for the first time as we were going to our first baby swimming lesson with WaterBabies. I was extremely excited about it but felt a little nervous because he has been suffering with a cold for the past few days.

I decided to take him and he actually really enjoyed the lesson. He was smiling and giggling the whole way through it. This happiness all came to an end as we stepped out of the pool. I don't know if it was the cold air or what but he started crying. I wrapped him in the towel and took him to the changing room. As I fumbled with the locker to try and get my bag out, I slipped and fell on my backside. I couldn't put my arms out as I was holding JC. I must have looked a right state and if I'd have seen me I would have laughed but I felt like crying. It was just one of those days!

However, a rather kind lady who had witnessed my pride crushing fall came to the rescue. She took JC from me (now all calm, happy and warm in his towel, giggling away like he had personally caused the fall and was rather pleased with himself). I was able to regain my dignity and get my stuff from the locker. He seemed quite happy with her so I just popped behind the door and quickly slung my clothes on. It was a small and random act of kindness from a stranger but it was a huge help to me and allowed me to regain my composure before I got him changed and ready. There are some days where you just don't have enough arms! Had she not been there I would have managed but I would have become hot, bothered and flustered. I need to remember to take help from people more often when it is offered to me. I like to think I can do everything myself but sometimes it helps to have an extra pair of hands.

Feel free to join in and post up your Random Acts of Kindness for this week . . .





Here is my button . . .

7 comments:

  1. Aw, how lovely that she did that (sorry to hear about your fall though). I need to start doing some random acts of kindness so I can link up! Glad Waterbabies went well and JC enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I am really crap at Random Acts of Kindness. Must do better next week so can link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't need to be something you have done, it can be anything related to kindness. What about targeting a specific person this week and aiming to do small things for them all week? Or you could write about someone else who has been kind to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to think of one so that I can join in. Sorry about the fall - that'd have scared me
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing you - where've you gone Missy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was turning off my computer to go to bed when I saw a message from you yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.
    Of course you can join in sweetie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to think of one so that I can join in. Sorry about the fall - that'd have scared me
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .