Friday 19 December 2014

Buddy Blog Day 19: Operation Buddy's Backpack

Mary's Meals are a well known charity who raise funds to help feed children in Malawi. Part of their fundraising involves The Backpack Project. Most children turning up to school have nothing more than a plastic bag and not much within it. The backpack project aims to change this.
Simply, you buy or donate your backpack and fill it with essential supplies to help a child in Malawi get the most out of attending school.
Holly brought some pencils, pens and rulers to start John off and gave him a shopping list to source the rest of the items for the bag. I posted my plan on facebook and asked if anyone would like to take part. I'm pleased to report that 3 of my friends have pledged to do their own backpack so that's 4 including mine. I'd like to try and get more so that I have a decent amount so if you are interested and live locally please get in touch.
If you would like to see the backpack journey and the different it can make, this is a good video ... 
http://youtu.be/YHwKlcemyL8
#SharingBuddysMagic #HollysHolidayHappiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . . .