Sunday 17 February 2013

6/52 - Tranquility of the Outdoors

My favourite day of the week this week had to be Friday. These were also my favourite photos. John and I took advantage of the improving weather and went out for a walk. It was more like a run! He ran most of the route with exception of the hill at the end.

We both love the outdoors and I think it calms us. I've always found it very therapeutic to walk, especially down the farm roads.

It takes me back to a special time in my youth where I would bomb round the farm on my bike, wind in my hair, stinging my cheeks, blowing the cobwebs away. The sweet smell of nature hanging in the air with the feeling of being part of that nature. I used to call these my 'oneness' moments. To be truly in the moment and savouring life. I can only imagine that this is the feeling of mindfulness that people who practise meditation experience. I hope I can pass this feeling of tranquility onto JC but in the meantime he is savouring the joy of being outdoors and all the fun it has to offer.

I'm linking this post up with Country Kids and The Boy and Me's 365.
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall







12 comments:

  1. Wellies, Children and outdoors are always a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great feeling isn't it, I'm sure you'll pass it on with outdoor adventures like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pics - looks like he had great fun, we should really get outside more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his boots, they aren't normal wellies are they?

    Nipping over from Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks for linking up to Project 365, the photo of him charging down the lane is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How happy does he look? Like a pig in muck as my Grandmother used to say :) - Great photos Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah someone clearly loves being outdoors! What lovely pictures!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new disqus is really playing up! Thank you for re commenting though xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. He does love the mud! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you, that one is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fab walk! Glad to find another Scottish mummy! I'm also now a new follower :)
    Brinabird and Son

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .