Saturday 13 October 2012

Tiger Cave

It's been a while since I gave a JC update. I'm struggling to keep up with the blogging now that I'm back to full time working. I really need to kick myself up the backside.

My little Grumpinator is going through a real imaginative play phase at the moment. He loves playing with little characters and making up stories for them. His favourite story at the moment is that there are tigers everywhere so we need to hide in a cave. He likes building camps and even involves Kaiya in the stories. She is the guard dog protecting him from the tigers!


He is also really into dressing up. Here he is dressing up as a 'scary monster pirate'. He was running around the livingroom yesterday, brandishing his sword, shouting "I'm a scary monster pirate and I'm going to cut your hair!'

ooo very scary. Nothing worse than a monster haircut!

Another role play he loves is having afternoon tea. As a child who spent a considerable amount of time in tearooms whilst I was on mat leave, he knows how to set up his tea set! 


I am loving this stage. He has such a vivid imagination. When a simple fleece blanket can become a horse, ice skates, a princess dress and a cave in a matter of minutes, who needs to buy toys! 




3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww it's so lovely to see you back in my reader this past week. How's work going? I've struggled with blogging too and I'm only working a bit of freelance so don't beat yourself up.  Anyway, it's fab to hear how great JC is doing. This stage is fabulous and their imaginations are amazing aren't they? MC is OBSESSED with pirates so her and JC need to meet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw nice to hear from you Heather! It would be lovely to be up with you and your brood in the future! I am loving this stage, he is so full of wonder and questions about the world. I am really looking forward to Christmas this year too. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .