Sunday 29 July 2012

Run! Run! As Fast As You Can!

You can't catch me, I'm the ....

Well I'm not the Gingerbread Man and I'm not much of a runner but I'm still managing to take part in my charity challenge of 5km a day for 100 days. I wrote about the motivation for my challenge a few weeks back, at which point, the 5km a day was for 50 days. I decided to up the challenge after reaching my target of £100 in 2 days!
Just back from a walk together

So gluten for punishment I made it 100 days and I started last Sunday. Tonight was walk number 8 and I've trimmed 10 minutes off my time. I average round the 5km route in about an hour but I have started running  jogging part of the walk, admittedly, it's the down hill parts but we all need to start somewhere!

I've been walking with the dogs and with JC. The dogs are great as the pull me round most of the route but taking JC in the buggy adds an extra dimension of difficulty. At this rate I might have arms like Terminator by the hundredth day.

My walking music of choice this week was recommended to me by my next door neighbour and is 'Now That's What I Call Reggae'. Okay, it's probably a little laid back for this type of challenge but then that's me all over! 

7lbs lost and things are tightening up nicely. Send me positive thoughts this week as I'm going to my Dad's in Czech Republic on holiday this week so avoiding the pivo and forcing myself out walking will be a real challenge.

Laters ;)

pssst
If you want to sponsor me or just browse my just giving page you are more than welcome
Click Here

5 comments:

  1. Well done on 7lbs lost - that is superb!
    You sound so upbeat - I love this post.
    Haven't heard from you in ages :-( Miss ya.
    Have a wonderful holiday Mrs.
    Liska xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank love! I am feeling quite upbeat at the moment. I have been so busy even though I've been on holiday for 4 weeks, I've barely had time to get a blog post out so I'm really behind on my reading. I'll pop over to yours for a catch up now though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lovely baby! Beautiful mummy.
    Are you interest in Ergobaby | Ergo baby carrier Australia ?

    ergo baby carrier sale networks consist of lots of contraptions for instance weather condition insure, hips stretcher, american girl doll tote etcetera. YOUR weather condition insure may be for since the toddler whether it's very frigid, including a hips stretcher may be for offering the newborn child tote to slip extra heavy-set dad and mom. Plus ERGO Baby give sometimes ergo american girl doll carrier's networks to get pre-teens to stay at its activities absolutely by way of taking dolls and also teddies in buying it.

    Ergo Baby Carrier is hot sale in Australia. The Ergo baby's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's development. Shop comfortable and best Ergobaby Here!" Tks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have you stopped blogging m'love? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been super busy with my 5km runs and I have just returned to full time working hours (blog post coming soon!) I have plenty I want to blog about but just no time to actually sit down and write! How's things? xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .