Thursday 9 June 2011

5/365 On The Move, Glue Everything Down

JC never liked being on his tummy unless it was swinging in your arms and I think this is why he has not been really interested in crawling. Over the past few weeks he has started rolling over and doing the backwards commando like in this video . . .

Yesterday he managed to move his knees forward by mistake but something obviously clicked overnight because today he just started crawling, on purpose. I put him in the middle of the rug, surrounded by toys and I dashed upstairs to grab a nappy from the nursery. I was gone about 30 seconds and when I came back downstairs he was gone.

I found him round the side of the couch, under a lamp table. He just gave me this look as if to say 'and your problem is?'

I am really pleased that he has reached another milestone but I am slightly worried about how difficult my life is going to become now that he can move. I don't plan on moving anything, our house is pretty child proofed already because of the dogs.

I will leave you with a clip of him crawling properly . . .

1 comment:

  1. The next milestone is when they start crawling fast. You literally have to run to keep up with them. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .