Tuesday 12 April 2011

Mealtime Games

I'm lucky, I really am. I have a good wee eater in Grumpinator. He will eat most things but fruit and veg are his favourite. I am not so self righteous to think that it is anything I have done as a parent that has created this good eater. I do believe it's down to your luck of the draw. Not all approaches work with every child you just have to play around with different foods and techniques until you find something that works.

Despite being an adventurous munching machine he does like to play games to wind his mummy up at dinnertime! The latest games are:

JC's Mealtime Game Rule Book

1. Drop the spoon on the floor and watch mum pick it up so I can throw it again.

2. Refuse to take the spoon if mum hands it to me but I will take it if she puts it on my tray. Let her think I am going to eat the food off the spoon by lifting it to my mouth but then at the last minute, turn to spoon round the wrong way, chuck the food off the spoon with my finger and chew the end of it.

3. Cry for the cup of water. Cry like I am as thirsty as a camel in the desert. When she gives me the cup I will stop crying and pretend to take a drink. When she thinks I have a grip of the cup and I am going to drink it, I will turn the cup over and spill the water on the floor - she really hates that!

Here is a video of game no 3 from last nights tea

4 comments:

  1. LOL what a monkey! You are lucky he's a good eater, fingers crossed he keeps that up! I'm at the fussy stage with my 3 yr old but my 1 yr old tends to hoover anything up! She's a grubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, brilliant. You do realise though, my mrs is 37 and still plays this game, whateven I give her, she spills, then grumps until I replace it lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm super lucky I just hope it lasts! What he eats is never an issue but he is particular about how he eats it. He likes to be in control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, brilliant. You do realise though, my mrs is 37 and still plays this game, whateven I give her, she spills, then grumps until I replace it lol x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .