Thursday 5 April 2012

Glass Houses and Boulders

I was thinking about the saying 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'. My gran used to say this to me all the time. She taught me that you get back what you give out in life. She spoke of being kind to people and treating them the way you would want to be treated yourself. She used to say 'be the change you want to see in the world' and 'the people you meet on the way up the ladder and the ones who greet you on the way down'. These are two of my favourite sayings and I try to live by the morals of these sayings.

Sometimes I feel sad that we live in a world where it's acceptable, or indeed encouraged, to bad mouth, criticise and treat others badly. To look down on other people and judge them as less of a person than you. That it's ok to laugh at people and gossip about them behind their backs, or if you're brave enough, to their face.

I've had a few stones crack the glass on my house recently and repairing it is not an easy process. It seems unfair though that some people go through their lives throwing boulders from their glass houses and never seem to have so much as a pebble as return fire.

Just a thought ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . . .