Tuesday 26 April 2011

An Interview with . . .

Me!

I have been tagged by Emma over at Mummy...Mummy...Mum! to take part in a Q and A meme which started over at Mrs Lister. I like memes where I can reveal a little bit more about me and share random information that would otherwise been confined to my own buzzing brain. So here goes and I'll try not to put you to sleep!

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Nick Vujicic because despite being born with no limbs, he lives life to the full and improves the lives of others through his motivational lectures. Check out his video . . . 



When were you happiest?
It sounds corny but the moment I held JC in my arms for the first time. He was yucky and warm and a bit smelly but I loved every inch of him and I can't put into words how much love I felt for him in that moment. It was very special. 







What was your most embarrassing moment?
I once fell off stage during a performance and split my trousers up the front. What made it worse was the red pants I was wearing with the word FLIRT written on them! *shakes head in shame*

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
We spent a fortune on our wedding. It wasn't overly lavish but we did have everything we wanted and I don't regret a penny spent. 














What is your most treasured possession?
My dogs - I would save them before my husband and he know it!
Where would you like to live?
I like where I live just now but I'd like a bigger house and maybe a bit closer to where I work. 

What’s your favourite smell?
I love the smell of JC, it's like porridge and Golden Syrup. 

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Sandra Bullock - she's a bit feisty like me. 

What is your favourite book?
I don't have one. I like loads of books and I go through phases. I love vampire novels - everything from Anne Rice to Twilight. 

What is your most unappealing habit?
I'm always late due to my habit of procrastination. Like right now, I should be getting ready to go out but I really had to write this post *wink wink, nudge nudge*

What is your earliest memory?
When I was 3 I kicked my uncle's friend in the mouth when he was pushing me on the swings. I knocked out one of his teeth. 

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
A spoonful of peanut butter, nutella and Golden Syrup - sounds gross but mmm, mmm , mmm. I discovered it when making my own Ferrero Rocher. 

What do you owe your parents?
Admiration and gratitude for bringing me up with a solid set of values, a kind nature and good manners. 

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
My husband because he always gets my bad side as I know I get away with it with him. I often don't appreciate him as much as I should. 

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I love my family, friends and music. It takes all three to make me complete. 

What does love feel like?
For me it feels like a rise and fall in my belly. Like being on a rollarcoaster or like the Earth is moving - sounds like a cliché but that's how I feel it!
 
What was the best kiss of your life?
The first kiss with my hubby in my livingroom after our first date. Very passionate and full of pent up frustration. We were friends for years before we realised we liked each other. 

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
'seriously?' and 'Do you ken what a mean?'

What is the worst job you’ve done?
As a housekeeper in  hotel/castle I had to clean a room where some dirty ba*&ard had done a poo in the bin! 

If you could change one thing from your past, what would you change?
I would worry less. I worry needlessly about so many things that I think I might develop an ulcer. 

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
I slipped out of a harness on a rollercoaster when it was upside down. 

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting through childbirth and the first three months of JC's life when it was really hard work.

When did you last cry, and why?
On my birthday, last week. I often feel emotional on my birthday. 

How do you relax?
I rarely relax but wine, a bubble bath and listening to music often help. 







What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
I would love to lose weight. I have been trying to lose weight for the last ten years and I always fail at this. I know I would do so much more with my life if I wasn't always obsessing about my excess baggage. 

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Sometimes life is shit and horrible things happen but these things usually teach you a lesson that you will need in the future. Also I stand by this piece of advice 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar' and 'Be nice to people on the way up the ladder because you will meet then again on the way back down.'


I have to now tag others to take part, sorry if you have already been tagged! It does take a while to complete but I enjoyed thinking through my answers.


@newmumonline
@ooh baby all things cuteable
@SAHM lovin it

4 comments:

  1. I lov the wedding photo and the one of JC!

    Laughing at the 'FLIRT' pants! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't laughing at the time! I was 16 and humiliated but it's funny now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't laughing at the time! I was 16 and humiliated but it's funny now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lov the wedding photo and the one of JC!

    Laughing at the 'FLIRT' pants! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .