Sunday 16 January 2011

Man's Best Friend


Before JC came along I was quietly worried about how the dogs would react to him. Would they be jealous? Would they think he was for eating? Would his crying upset them? Would I find it difficult to look after the dogs and JC? Would I have to keep them separated and have dog time and John time at different points throughout the day. As it turned out, I worried needlessly because there have been no problems with the dogs at all. Obviously, I treat them like dogs and never leave JC alone with them and I am very careful when they are close together.

Ruby is protective of JC is a quiet and low key way. She views him very much like she did Kaiya when she was a puppy (with a little suspicion and annoyance at times) but when it's getting too much for her she clears out the way.

Kaiya, on the other hand, is deeply and irrevocably in love with him. She protects him and cares for him in a way that I never imagined possible and it is so sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Just makes everything even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's just lovely! Maya's new thing is chasing Honey around in her walker and then if Honey is sleeping, she rams her bed. She calls Honey Hhhhhhhey lol. It's such a relief when you find out they're not jealous. We don't leave honey alone with Maya either. Lovely post! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments . . .