Sunday 16 January 2011

All Fingers and Thumbs

Well it's been a busy day today. We started the day with a nice we bowl of porridge which JC seemed to adore. After a wee jaunt into Stirling we dashed home for some lunch. My cupboard resembles Mrs Hubbard's at the moment so I put together a bit of a pic n mix of stuff for him. Some cucumber with Philly for dipping and some green bean purée(yuk). I expected him to look at me in disgust but he actually really enjoyed his lunch. He finished it all off with some pear after which he had a lovely long nap.

mmm green beans . . .

Exploring a cucumber for the first time . . .




What I noticed today was that he is starting to get frustrated because his co-ordination isn't quite spot on yet. He can get the food to his mouth but sometimes it just doesn't go in. He actually threw the food away at one point in a right huff! He much prefers the spoon and has great aim and precision with it.

I think he is starting to be more aware of what he can do with his hands now. He held his feet today for the first time, splashed in the bath with his hands and seemed to be really enjoying playing with his food. Especially the smearing of green beans all over him - the was his favourite part of the day! Kaiya is loving this food exploration as most of it ends up on the floor which is, of course, her dinner plate.

Grabbing his foot for the first time . . .



I've been out tonight at a birthday party. Steven was babysitting - although technically, and I told Steven this, it's called 'parenting' when it's your own child lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments . . .